Two new styles of Timberland shoes came in this week. First, a men’s casual suede and canvas shoe with two choices of laces, and a women’s black leather wedge sandal. Get ready to say goodbye to winter boots!
It’s officially fall here in the Rockies according to both the calendar date and the sound of the elk bugling in the park. As sad as we are to say goodbye to summer sunshine and beachy styles, autumn is a fashion favourite, but that doesn’t mean we have to stash all of our warm-weather outfits until next May (or a sunny vacation). Lots of your summer pieces can be perfect for fall–with a few modifications.
1. Tights. Summer skirts are fun and bright and the hardest thing to part with after the first frost, but that’s what tights were made for! Layer an opaque legging under a floral skirt to automatically winterize it, keeping you warm. While black is a classic, dark blues, purples, and reds are a great way to add subtle colour under a skirt. Hue offers classic quality and super-comfy fit. We also have a handful (or armful, rather) of Hue and Bleuforêt tights on half price! Stock up now before your knees turn blue!
We also have a selection of lovely microfibre tights from Happy Socks, which are designed in Sweden where they know a thing or two about cold climates, and made in Italy, where they know a thing or two about making lovely clothes. Try polkadot or argyle Happy Socks for happy legs!
For those whose legs need a little extra snuggly from their tights or who are thinking ahead to (dare we say it?) winter, we also now have Plush fleece lined tights. Nothing’s worse than having cold feet, and on that front, Boottights has you covered. Boottights offers “Actual socks attached to premium tights!” that combine your favourite sports sock with many different types of legging so you won’t have to worry about the sock you put on under your tights riding down in your boot and leaving you with chilly heel. We currently have 6 different designs of Boottight, from fishnet to victorian and kodiak inspired.
Fashionista tip: throw on some leggings or sheer hose under cute shorts for an inter-season look a la parisienne.
2. Boots. Nothing says autumn like gorgeous tall boots. Mountain Air currently has a smorgasbord of boots for both winter and fall, from classic equestrian to bright green floral. We have 10 different styles of Mjus alone for those in search of the classic knee-high boot. Check out this one. The Mjus Spadero Tall Boot, designed in Italy and made in Bosnia-Herzegovina, offers an elegant twist to your fall leather boot with glimmering bronze zipper detail at the back.
New Italmoda boots offer a funky alternative for those keen on hanging onto bright colours even after the begonias wither outside.Looking for something a little more practical? Timberland and Saute-Mouton have your back.
The new fall Timberland Savin Hill Boot comes in brown and black and has an anti-fatigue sole for those who need a fashionable work-boot.Saute-Mouton is one of our favourite brands here at Mountain Air. The Montreal brand not only makes their boots in Quebec, but lines them with the plushest wool you’ve ever felt (come in and feel them!). They also won’t make you sacrifice style for warmth. Have the best of both worlds with the Maria, Esmerelda, and Maude boots.
We also have beautiful boots from Hispanitas, Atrai, Bogs, Dkode, and Cushe, and always more coming in, so put your flip-flops and ballerina shoes into hibernation and come try some on
3. Layer up! This summer was all about loose-fitting sheer fabrics, which is great because all of those cocktails-on-the-veranda pieces can become cozy and work appropriate with the addition of a simple long-sleeved t-shirt underneath. I know what you’re thinking, “Layering was so 2000” but we’re not talking t-shirts under t-shirts. Mixing up the weight and lines of your tops will make for a sleeker look. Aim for similar colours to create cohesion, and pair with a skinny jean or tapered skirt.
4. Sweater up! After a certain point there is no amount of layering that will keep you warm, and it’s time to bust out the sweaters. You can get away with wearing your summer t-shirts well into the winter so long as you have a good sweater or hoodie to go over top. My favourite at the moment is steely blue knit sweater from Emu, which is pure merino wool with a bit of sparkle and great zipper detail on the back.
Don’t forget our Granted hand-knit wool sweaters (handmade in Canada) are 50% off! We also have sweaters and cardigans by Mystree, 525 America, Parkhurst, Press, ca va de soi, and more coming in all the time.
5. Scarves. Do we even need to say it? Scarves are a much loved accessory (the MOST loved accessory of this blogger). If you missed it, here’s a link to the video that was playing in our store all summer: 25 Ways to Tie a Scarf.
Now that you’re a scarf expert, you’ll want to embrace the Season of the Scarf. Summer wear can instantly become warm enough for the season with the help of a cozy scarf, and you might even be able to stave off (or fight off, if you’re unlucky) this season’s round of colds by keeping your neck warm. Of course, scarves aren’t just warm, they’re a lovely accessory for indoors, too, especially when paired with the slouchy boyfriend-sweaters that have been and continue to be en vogue this year.
Make the most of last season as you make the most of this one, may the first snow still be many weeks away, unless you’re a skier, in which case, hold tight because this morning’s dusting of snow on Mt. Colin promises winter is on its way.
The updated classics in Timberland’s Hookset Collection are great casual shoes for summer. They go well with shorts, jeans-anything! Good looks aside, we love them most of all because they are made with the environment in mind. The canvas upper is manufactured from 100% certified organic cotton, the details are re-claimed leather… and the list goes on.
Come in and take a peek at the Hookset Slip-On.
For more information about Timberland’s eco friendly footwear please visit, http://mshop.timberland.com/aHR0cDovL2NvbW11bml0eS50aW1iZXJsYW5kLmNvbS9FYXJ0aGtlZXBpbmcvT3VyLUZvb3RwcmludA%3D%3D